A Guided Meditation Practice to Help You Feel Connected with the Love You Truly Are
Last week, we looked at the importance of self-love for inner and outer peace. How do we cultivate this essential state of heart, mind and spirit on an ongoing basis? It comes when we know that our true nature is love, and when we understand, witness, and release the ways we have been resistant to it. This takes willingness and practice. As promised, I share a guided visualization this week to help you connect with the love that you are.
Try the following every day for at least a week and notice the changes in your life.
- Find a quiet environment where you feel safe and comfortable to go deeply within for about ten minutes.
- Lie on your back in a relaxed position. You can either place your feet flat on the floor with knees bent, outstretch your legs entirely, or rest your legs on a pillow if you have low back issues. Your arms are at your sides, palms open. Put a blanket over yourself for warmth if needed. You can also use a small pillow under your head if you find lying on the floor creates neck tension.
- Close your eyes and move your awareness inward. Breathe quietly. Feel your belly rise with each inhalation, and release as you exhale. Notice the soothing, wave-like quality of your breath, and you breathe in and out in a deep, yet natural manner. With each breath, allow your body to relax and unwind, without falling asleep. As you settle into the ground, notice how the floor reaches back up to hold you. Feel fully supported, safe and relaxed in this moment.
- Now imagine that a warm, radiant and soothing ruby red light, from the very center of the Earth, rises up through your feet and into your body. It slowly rises through your ankles, legs, and hips, filling your legs full of comforting red light. Feel the red light, its vitality and strength, nourish your every cell.
Allow it to continue to rise through your pelvis, through your abdomen, and into your heart. Let it rest in your heart. Allow the warm energy of the red light to soothe and fill your heart.
Then sense or see a pure, crystalline white light descend from the heavens, through the crown of your head, filling your head full of radiant light. This white effulgence continues to flood your every cell, descending through your throat, neck and shoulders, traveling down your spine and through your arms, to rest into your heart.
- In your heart centre, the ruby red light from the Earth and the crystalline white light from the heavens meet to create a soothing, rosy glow. Allow this pink luminescence to expand through your heart and fill it up. Take a few long breaths here and enjoy this radiant, loving experience.
- Now allow the rose-coloured light to expand and moves through your whole body/being until you feel your every cell radiant, full of this loving, pink light. The light flows through you and around you, surrounding your body in a beautiful cocoon of pink, loving light. Feel the light move through you, unconditionally nurturing you.
- Allow yourself to rest here, feeling loved. Breathe love in and out. And as you feel so full of love, your every breath emits love to the world as you repeat: “I am love. I am loved.” Continue repeating this until you feel it resonate in the very core of your being and everywhere.
- When you feel ready, gently open your eyes. Thank yourself for the practice and move slowly back into your day, with the intention of remaining in this practice, no matter where you may be. You are always love. You are always loved.
From my heart to yours,